• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

leaking fan clutch

desertrandy

NAXJA Forum User
I recently went out and started my 92 xj, ran inside the house and when I came back outside I noticed a large spot of oil under my front bumper. I shut of the jeep and when I looked at the puddle I noticed it was a gray slimy ooze. I then crawled underneath and when i looked up I saw it was all over my fan blades and coming from the fan clutch. After removing the fan I verified it was a leaking fan clutch. My question is what could cause this to start leaking. It is new from Quadratec and only has 1500 miles on it. I haven't heard of anything being done to the engine such as tightening the belt to tight that could cause this. My opinion is I just got a bad part. Any ideas. Thanks.

run down to your local parts store and get one with a warranty so if it ever happens again you don't have to go through some mailorder company to replace it.

got mine at my work (advance) for 34.94 with a 1 year replacement.

Already done. went to Kragen yesterday and got a Hayden clutch for 34.00 with a lifetime warranty. Just curious as to what could have caused it to fail. Probably just a bad part. Live and learn.

Back