• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fun with plasma (and some welding, too)

AzRick

NAXJA Forum User
Step 1.......start cutting.......
standard.jpg

Step 2........add new cage supports.......
standard.jpg

Step 3........plate it........
standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Step 4.....wheel it.....
Sorry, don't have any action shots. I did run Collateral Damage saturday night and was able to drive a waterfall that has denied me 5 or 6 times before. Raised and smooth sides are the shiznit! The new 104" wheelbase probably helped too.

I'm thinkin' giant Mastercraft Boat stickers on the new rockers would be cool :)

Rick

i love it, definetly gonna have to do that one day. how thick is that plate?

Jes said:
Nice.
Now go get a new right front tire. :D

That right front tire has no more than 6 off-road miles on it. Cut it on Anaconda last week.

The two rears were brand new as well, and I cut those on the run Saturday night. I actually cut 4 tires on Upper Collateral Damage (a wicked 300 yards, especially when it's just you and a buddy at 3am). I ended up driving out on his flat spare that I cut right at the top of the trail.

Now all my tires look like that right front one.

Rick

Ramsey said:
i love it, definetly gonna have to do that one day. how thick is that plate?

It's 3/16.

I did manage to dent the pass. side pretty good Sat night.

Rick

Okie Terry said:
Do you wish you went with 1/4"?

I figure I shaved about 25 pounds per side doing this. 1/4" would have saved me nada.

I'm glad I went with 3/16".

Dented steel is cool.

Rick

Rick XTRM XJ said:
I figure I shaved about 25 pounds per side doing this. 1/4" would have saved me nada.

I'm glad I went with 3/16".

Dented steel is cool.

Rick
did you consider plastics?

very cool mod, now it's up to someone (richard?) to figure out the boatsides and keep the doors.

3/16 holy sh!t. How heavy was that ? I went with 14 gauge. But I did run 5 supports to the frame.

Like you said. The boat sides is the BIGGEST improvement you can make. I made Backdoor and the fall at the top of wrecking ball after doing it. Always denied before.

P.S. you need some creepy crawlers( I know of a nice set for sale)

why wont doors work with this?

David Taylor said:
3/16 holy sh!t. How heavy was that ? I went with 14 gauge. But I did run 5 supports to the frame.

Like you said. The boat sides is the BIGGEST improvement you can make. I made Backdoor and the fall at the top of wrecking ball after doing it. Always denied before.

P.S. you need some creepy crawlers( I know of a nice set for sale)

The plate was 39 pounds per side (11"x60"). My old rock sliders weighed at least 75 pounds each :shocked:

I have 5 supports as well, but there is a lot of space between the second and third ones. Thats where I bent it at.

Rick

PS.....PM'd ya

Back