• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front drive shaft piece identification please

Elohim1

NAXJA Forum User
I have contacted parts stores and they can not come up with the part.

I need to Identify the metal cap with a rubber seal inside.Its about 2" in dia. and about 1.25 long.

This piece is located where the spline of the front drive shaft inserts into the shorter shaft which is connected to the pumpkin.

Please tell me the correct name of this part. If you have the part #, that would even be better.

Thanks

Elohim1 said:
I have contacted parts stores and they can not come up with the part.

I need to Identify the metal cap with a rubber seal inside.Its about 2" in dia. and about 1.25 long.

This piece is located where the spline of the front drive shaft inserts into the shorter shaft which is connected to the pumpkin.

Please tell me the correct name of this part. If you have the part #, that would even be better.

Thanks
Prop shaft seal? fig 8?
Propfront.jpg

langer1 said:
Item 8. p/n 8350-2812 is the seal #J813 0300 is the grease fitting for the seal.

I had to replace that on my YJ after I ripped out the grease fitting and split the seal. The seal and the grease nipple are seperate parts as shown in the drawing. As I recall the seal was about $12 and the grease nipple was $2. The nipple is standard, so if you have an extra around, save the $2. Just curious, why do you need to replace it?

Back