• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A/C starts blowing warm after 45 minutes or so.

pikey77

NAXJA Forum User
One of the first days down here in DFW where it got real hot and real humid and the AC worked for about 45 minutes then started blowing only slightly cool air. Usually itll damn near freeze you out. Parked the jeep for about 15 minutes and worked fine for about 15 minutes then did the same thing again. I also noticed allot of water coming off the evaporater. A friend said the lines might be freezing up but how does that happen? I thought I'd read something on here about a low pressure switch also but couldn't find it. Does this sound correct and if so where can i get one...

pikey77 said:
One of the first days down here in DFW where it got real hot and real humid and the AC worked for about 45 minutes then started blowing only slightly cool air. Usually itll damn near freeze you out. Parked the jeep for about 15 minutes and worked fine for about 15 minutes then did the same thing again. I also noticed allot of water coming off the evaporater. A friend said the lines might be freezing up but how does that happen? I thought I'd read something on here about a low pressure switch also but couldn't find it. Does this sound correct and if so where can i get one...
It will also freeze up when low on refrigerant.

pikey77 said:
is there a way to check for low coolent without taking it to a shop?
What year? Some have a small window on the accumulator, with the AC running you should see bubbles if it's a low.
If you see any bubbles when the compressor is running is needs 1/2# or so.

www.ackits.com Join their forum. They don't push parts on you and you will get exact directions on what to check and what is exactly wrong. I have fixed all the a/c probs of 5 vehicles with this site. And they do have the least expensive parts for A/C I could find too, (If you need them) I am not related to them in any way just passing on what has worked for me. :)

Back