• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Noisy Clutch YJ AX5

Hawaiian Style

NAXJA Forum User
My 4 banger YJ clutch makes a sqeek(spellling?) noise after it gets warmed up. Clutch operation is fine, no slipping or anything. 60k on it with the AX5. Any thoughts? Quiet ops when cold, just when the engine gets warmed up.

thanks!

Throw out bearing, had one in an 82 S10 that was noisy for over 500,000mi. Worked fine. Wll say no more, don't want to jinx yours.

really? It does it when the engine is off or on. I was hoping someone would tell me it was the cable needed some lube or something.

It makes a squeeking sound just sitting in the garage with the engine off ???
Are you sure you gon't have a mongoose living under there ????

:D No mongoose.

I meant that once the YJ has been running for a while the squeeking noise developes each time the clutch is engaged or released. After the YJ cools down it goes away. Really drives me CRAZY

Damn, that gallon of carb cleaner must have really fried my brain.
Hmmmmm, lets step back one, this noise only happens when the ENGINE is running and it has warmed up right, when you shut the engine off it stops or keeps going till it cools down.... ??? [as I look under the desk to see if someone is pulling my leg ] :D
If it keeps going after you shut it off I would replace the reed valve under the pressure cap :D :D :D
Otherwise it has to be the throwout bearing, thats pretty much all thats moving that would squeak...

No the pedal itself has a "bushing" type thing on it that could be making a squeak weather on or off. My guess woudl be that the engine is heating the bolt up so that it is expanding to rub. Just a thought.

Back