• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Swapping trans and t case

badbowtie87

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 96 cherokee with a 231 t case. Im thinking about getting and older trans and t case, say from a 94 or 95 since those are less vibration prone after lifting. Also im gonna try to find a cherokee with a a 242 T-case. Do you guys see any issues i might have while swapping to an older trans and the 242? The only thing that i know of would be a longer rear drive shaft and maybe the part time insert piece for the console.

Yeah im about 90% sure it was 2 bad shift solenoids. But on account that the fluid has been toasted when this other retard drove it for 5,000 miles like that, i decided to just get a lower mileage trans. Also figured i would swap t cases while i was at it. Not sure what kind of problems i will run into when i do the SYE with the 242 but i figured it would be worth it. I would be interested in yours but im sure shipping would be outrageous! What would you be asking for it?

Back