• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rocker Guards

Cherikon

NAXJA Forum User
I am running the RE 5.5 Extreme Duty Long Arm kit and can't seem to find rocker guards anywhere that will work with that kit.

Does anyone have any ideas or know of anyone that is running rocker guards with the same set up and can guide me in the right direction as to where to get some.

I thought that I could undo part of the mounting system that attaches to the pinch seam and drill more holes into whatever guards I bought (more than likely a set of JCROffroad stage 1 guards) and reattach the long-arm mounting system throught the pinch seam attachment for the rocker guards.

I need some good advice/direction on this, as I need rocker guards soon.

Thanks, Coullt

how many mounting points are you not able to attach to the pinch seam? Do you think you would be able to "relocate" the mounting brackets on the slider to an area where the long arms donw get in the way?

JKS ones will work...there's very little modification that needs to be done to the RE supports on the pinch. Hell, one guy I knew cut off the pinch seam mount on the RE brackets and welded the brackets to the rockers.

I will check into those JKS guards you speak of, but for now my thinking is to cut part of the pinch seam mounting bracket off the JCR guards or just undo the mounting points for the long-arm kit and put the JCR mount behind it with more holes drilled into it to clear the bolts for the long-arm mount. It's a complicated thing. I just don't know if cutting the pinch seam mount for the JCR guards would compromise the integrity of the guards themselves. I don't want to make the rockers weaker by cutting off some of the mounting points.

Cherikon said:
I will check into those JKS guards you speak of, but for now my thinking is to cut part of the pinch seam mounting bracket off the JCR guards or just undo the mounting points for the long-arm kit and put the JCR mount behind it with more holes drilled into it to clear the bolts for the long-arm mount. It's a complicated thing. I just don't know if cutting the pinch seam mount for the JCR guards would compromise the integrity of the guards themselves. I don't want to make the rockers weaker by cutting off some of the mounting points.

If anything, keep the rocker mounts intact...and modify the RE brackets. Hell, the RE brackets aren't needed if one has reinforced their uniframe...

I have Kevins rockrails..... They do NOT attach to the pinch seam... when the CA brackets were installed the lower wing with the two mounting points were cut off. The way they mount I could still jump up and down on em and hi-lift it without any problems. And you could awlays tack weld the wing to the bracket for easy future removal if you wanted.
Just my $.02

aj's offroad armor. like i said before totally custom if you call him up and explain your problem. he would be glad to help you out.

Kevin's Offroad Extreme Duty Sliders look like the ticket for me. I'm sold on the no pinch seam mount and the fact that they have been tested by a fellow NAXJA member.

Thanks for all the input on this and hope to see you guys at Moab or the 'Con someday.

Thanks,

Coullt:sunshine:

The nice thing about rails that kick out a bit is that they are handy when pivoting around rocks. With these rails, you cut out 2 small pinch seam pieces (about 2"). So when you hit down on something the force is pushed through the entire rocker, not just the pinch seam. They are stout as hell... both pressure up and down.
The first pic is a pic of the rails... and I think he makes em with a tubed outside instead of the square:
rails0132bv.jpg

This shows how they mount:
jackstandplacement7rx.jpg

This shows the front wing that was cut leaving 2 holes.... theyre being repainted now so no pics with them mounted against the RE brackets:
rails0168oy.jpg

This shows how they look mounted.... more pics on the site... kevinsjeepparts.com :
owned032st.jpg

Hope that helps.

96mdxjcountry said:
The nice thing about rails that kick out a bit is that they are handy when pivoting around rocks. With these rails, you cut out 2 small pinch seam pieces (about 2"). So when you hit down on something the force is pushed through the entire rocker, not just the pinch seam. They are stout as hell... both pressure up and down.
The first pic is a pic of the rails... and I think he makes em with a tubed outside instead of the square:
rails0132bv.jpg

This shows how they mount:
jackstandplacement7rx.jpg

This shows the front wing that was cut leaving 2 holes.... theyre being repainted now so no pics with them mounted against the RE brackets:
rails0168oy.jpg

This shows how they look mounted.... more pics on the site... kevinsjeepparts.com :
owned032st.jpg

Hope that helps.
Are the RE brackets you speak of the Long-Arm demon mounting system that basically covers the whole underside of the Jeep where it mounts?

What I am having the most trouble with is the front rocker guard mounts, not so much the pinch seam. I'll try and throw a picture in here tonight.

Like i said you could contact him, I know he has another set up that does not require cutting the rockers not yet listed on his site. He could definetly do something that will work

-Paul

Daryl-

I really want to go with your design as they tuck up to the rocker very nicely. I'll give you a call in the very near future.

Thanks,
Coullt

Back