• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ Weather strip?

coreys

NAXJA Forum User
I am looking for a place that sells weather strips for my 88 XJ 4 door. I bought a complete wipe set from Team Cherokee but it did not include the piece I need. I am looking for the vertical piece that is in front of the window glass as you roll the windows up. It is old and has shrunk. I am getting alot of wind noise. Does anyone know where I can get this piece?

Thanks

Probably find that one under "Window Channel" rather than "Weatherstrip."

On a side (yet related) note, have you checked your door hinges? They're welded on, rather than bolted, and as they wear and the welds creep loose, you'll get wind noise that weatherstripping won't fix.

Reminds me - I've got to get the hinges welded on my own 88 sometime soon...

5-90

Thanks for the information. I have also searched for window channel and have not found them yet. I have major gaps at the top of all 4 of them so I know alot of the wind noise is coming from that. I am sure some of the noise is coming from the doors also.

Digging up an old thread....

Team Cherokee seems a bit prices. I need the vent window seal but am not looking to spend nearly that much for a couple strips of rubber. The odd thing is, the vent window seal is the only one that isn't dryrotted and cracked, yet it is the only seal that leaks.

Is there anywhere else that these can be found? I ordered the channeling for the rest of my windows from JCW and should be getting em by the end of they week, I'll just cut those to fit.

Back