• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1984 Military pick up, CHEAP

notorious DUG

NAXJA Forum User
1984 Chevrolet M1008 Military pick up.

Truck is a 5/4 ton military pickup. Equipped with 6.2L diesel, kingpin D60 front, 14 bolt rear, TH400 trans. This truck is as heavy duty a truck as they come. Word of warning, it is still equipped with the military 4.56 gears and rear locker. Max highway speed is only about 55MPH. This truck could make a great tow rig with a gear change or would be a sweet start to a wheeling project with the low gears and HD driveline.

Sale includes troop seats for the bed in fair condition, top bows in fair condition and a NEW military issue canvas top for the back. Also includes a rebuilt spare injection pump and 8 good, freshly tested injectors.

Truck is in great overall condition but does have collision damage to the right side door, cab corner and the front of the bed. None of it is major and could all be easily repaired. The rest of the body is almost 100% perfect, especially for a military vehicle. There is NO rust on this truck anywhere. The paint is not great but is original from the military. The interior is complete and correct with the exception of an aftermarket amp gauge. All of the black out lights operate perfectly. I have just installed a new oil pump, bearings, rear main and oil pan gasket. Also did head gaskets, injectors, new injection pump and all new gaskets. The only old gasket on the motor is the timing cover gasket and front seal. The trans was rebuilt about a year ago and has maybe 1500 miles on it. The tires on the truck are military issue and almost new. Everything works and the truck runs and drives great.

I am asking 6500 but I am flexible on the price, as I need to get rid of the truck to make room for more projects. Contact me for pictures or details via e-mail at [email protected]

Just a plug from a Military standpoint.

This is a CUCV (Commercial Utility Cargo Vehicle)

As DUG said, it has heavy duty EVERYTHING and was an interim vehicle between the old M151 "Jeep by Ford" and the HMMWV

There are some compromises though, the interior is spartan (Work truck type) and the Engine seemed underpowered. I'm unsure of the going rate for this type of vehicle, but it would make one heck of a truck if properly "tweaked"

PS the factory finish is CARC (Chemical Agent Resistant Coating)

John

Back