• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

zj disk brakes price

jwtrapper

NAXJA Forum User
I have read all I have been able to find on doing the zj disk brakes on my 8.25. I am going to head out to the junk yard and start pulling parts but first I wanted to get an idea on what others have paid for their junk yard parts. The yards around here seem to be higher than what I have seen posted here. I just want to know what is going to be reasonable so that I can tell them to KMA and go some where else.

best price i've seen so far, everything for $40
jwtrapper said:
I have read all I have been able to find on doing the zj disk brakes on my 8.25. I am going to head out to the junk yard and start pulling parts but first I wanted to get an idea on what others have paid for their junk yard parts. The yards around here seem to be higher than what I have seen posted here. I just want to know what is going to be reasonable so that I can tell them to KMA and go some where else.

My first set/conversion I paid $50 for everything but the brackets, would have been $75 with them.
(I elected to go new on the brackets, they were $120 for the pair)
I picked up my second set off of a local freecycle group. Everything need to swap minus hoses & it was all brand new. Even included the e-brake hardware.

i picked up the brackets, backing plates, hoses, calipers, and all the hardware for 90 bucks. I went ahead and got new rotors and pads, plus the driver side hose and caliper because I couldnt break the bleeder loose. The total cost of the swap was about 210 bucks

johnsoninc86 said:
i picked up the brackets, backing plates, hoses, calipers, and all the hardware for 90 bucks. I went ahead and got new rotors and pads, plus the driver side hose and caliper because I couldnt break the bleeder loose. The total cost of the swap was about 210 bucks

How much time did it take?

I pulled some today (with the help of Mack), took all but the rotors for $40. Took about 1-2 hours to pull it at the yard with hand tools and laying in the mud.
Install time on Macks rig was about 2-3 hours total with grinding and replacing all brake lines and running back and forth to the auto store.

fdsa487 said:
How much time did it take?
the time it took to pull the parts at the yard prolly took about 2-3 hours. The total time of the swap prolly took about 5-6 hours, but thats my lazy but taking my time. I also had to split it between two weekends and school because I had to special order a driver side caliper and hose. I also allowed overnight for the RTV to dry, and this was all outside in 10 degree weather laying on the ground.... .fun stuff.

I got good used calipers, brackets, and hoses from a guy on NAGCA for 150 shipped and then put new pads and rotors on. I work at a shop that stocks our own brake parts, so all in the end cost me around $200. Install for the brakes took about 2-3 hours. HTH

Just did this swap on Sunday. Got all the parts off a D44A for $120. I went ahead and got some reman calipers because the phenolic pistons were cracked on the ones I bought. Those were $36 each. Also bought new rotors and pads. Install was about 4 hours.

the lug pattern is not the same for one, the wj brakes are bigger with 2 piston calipers.
jwtrapper said:
Any one know what the difference is between the zj and wj brakes are? Has anyone tried to use the brakes off of the newer Grands?

the rotor...i guess you could try and redrill the rotor..
scoobyxj said:
Why will the lug pattern matter? You're reusing the xj axle shaft.

Back