• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WIPERS high only

I have that problem, mine only work in high mode, if you turn them to the intermittent or low speed they just go on high, and when you shut them off they stop wherever they are at, without returning back down to the bottom. Is this what was happening to yours? and how exactly did you fix it

when posting a question the year of your XJ is a critical bit of information
Taking a shot in the dark, I'l speak of a renix rig
under the dash on the left side you'll find a little box velcrod up there. That's the wiper delay module.
The two wire bundles that go into it are male and female. Unplug the box, plug the two connectors together, if you get low and high speed then the wiper delay module if your problem
Does your windshield washer pump work?

Sounds like my guy. The single wipe works, and the low is high speed, and high speed it high, but all the intermittents dont, and neither does my cruise control. Doesnt really bother me because cruise isnt driving, and usually I just do the single wipe every five mintues when it rains and can see well.

Still be nice to know if this is a quick fix though...

Back