• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OEM (Mopar) Grill Guard

96XJCLASSIC

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone have a 97+ XJ with the Mopar accessory grill guard/brush guard that can post picture of it? I am looking at an 01 XJ with a grill guard and I believe it might be the mopar one but I am not sure.

TIA, NICK

This is the only picture I have of the 97-01 Mopar grill guard. This guard came with or without fog lamps. It was availble in crome and powder coat black. Hope this helps.
Alex

chacc.jpg

97-01
GrillGuardInfo.jpg

Last edited:
THANKS. I knew they looked something like that but I wasn't aware that it was available without the lights.

Here is the best picture I have of the one I am looking at. I believe it is the mopar one without the lights.

guard.jpg

Yep, that is a mopar one. I have seen many of these in diffrent versions, but never thought to take picture of them. You might be able to buy the lights still and add them.
Alex

2000XJSPORT said:
Yep, that is a mopar one. I have seen many of these in diffrent versions, but never thought to take picture of them. You might be able to buy the lights still and add them.
Alex

THANKS Alex. The lights would be cool to add. I know the accessories can no longer be ordered through the dealerships but it might be possible for me to find them stocked somewhere (NOS). THANKS.

Yeah, Just check around. I still get stuff at my dealership that are discontinued, but most of the time they can see if any are availble at other dealerships across the USA. That is how I found my deluxe molded splash guards.
Alex

2000XJSPORT said:
This guard came with or without fog lamps. It was availble in crome and powder coat black. Hope this helps.

Dumb question, but do you happen to know how the fog lamps in the bumper were wired in? Did they just turn on via the same switch as the under-bumper lamps, or were they switched separately?

I don't really know how they were wired. I'm guessing that it is the same as a factory fog lamp kit. I think on XJ that have fog lamps and the brush guard fog lamps. Got the 4 switch pannel (Like the one for Police PKG.) and in that was two fog switches. Like I said I not sure, but that seems the most factory way they would do it. Hope this helps.
Alex

Back