• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weird no start thread!!!!

Matt99XJ

NAXJA Forum User
On Friday I was driving the Jeep down the road and it shut off. I got it pulled back home and it would turn over but never start. Everyone said it was the CPS. So I checked it and got 5 ohms. The manual says anything but 0.0 is bad so I got a new one and replaced it. Put the new one in this morning and it is doing the same thing still. I checked the new CPS and it reads 5 ohms just like the one I took out. I guess that the original CPS wa good.

If I leave the CPS unhooked and try to get it started, it does the exact same thing.

So.....

What else should I look for. It is kinda weird that I was driving down the road and it was fine then BOOM it won't run anymore.

Do you have fuel pressure? Do you have spark?

mac 'two things needed to run' gyvr

I have fuel pressure but no spark. Tomorrow I am going to try and recruit someone to help me see if there is spark.

pull out the ignition coil and clean up the contacts under it where it clips into the ICM.. they get crapped up with corrosion. throw your multi-meter on the TPS while your under there too... good luck with this, wear a hat so you dont pull all your hair out.....
mike

Back