• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

vibes after lift...starting at 15 mph

tompatjr

NAXJA Forum User
I just finished a RK 6.5 inch rear 4 link. While I was doing this I used a D44 from a junked XJ. The D44 seemed to be nice and tight before the install, better than the D35 that it replaced. The guts liked fine also.

I have put the stock shaft in for the time being, and yes it will be replaced soon with a SYE. In the mean time I need to move the Jeep around.

Could someone tell me if this is normal? Today I drove the Jeep around the shop and got going about 15 MPH and started getting pretty strong vibes after about 25 MPH they level off. BTW the pinion is angled up so that it's in line with the angle of the drive shaft.

I have a long way to go yet, but just was wondering about the vibs with the driveshaft like it is.

I'll get to the pictures later! Can someone host them? I don't get into all that.

Thanks
Tom

Because you have tipped the axle pinion up to point at the TC output shaft, the pinion angles are no longer parallel, which is required when using a driveshaft with only two universals.

Once you install the SYE with the CV driveshaft, the vibes should go away.

Back