• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ window track??

Casper

NAXJA Forum User
Hello Gang,
Hopefully someone can understand what I am trying to explain here. The part that I am talking about is the vertical track that the roll up door window uses, one on each side of window. I am not sure what it is called. I have heard it called "moldings" "track" gutters", and who else knows. Anyway, I am wanting to replace all tracking on both doors on both sides, ( 4 door). Is there an aftermarket dealer that sells such items? I hate to go to the dealer, OUCH! I want to replace them due to the bad weathering and cracking and chipping of the ones in there now. The more that I was the windows the more they break when the cleaning rag snags them. Wont be long before there will be nothing left. I hope that I have explained it well enough that you understand the part that I am talking about. Any help with this will be greatly appreciated............

Thank you,
Casper

I replaced the weather stripping on my XJ this spring. It is not cheap but here are the part numbers I purchased. Make sure you verify these with the parts counter at the dealer before you order. This list may help.

Front Door ? Left
55235703 Weather stripping, Run Channel ? top and rear
55002337 Weather stripping, front channel attached to triangle vent frame
55235409 Weather stripping, exterior wiper

Front Door ? Right
55235702 Weather stripping, Run Channel ? top and rear
55002337 Weather stripping, front channel attached to triangle vent frame
55235408 Weather stripping, exterior wiper

Rear Doors ? Left
55235705 Weather stripping, Window frame
4728933 Left Divider bar for back seat door
55235404 Weather stripping, movable window exterior wiper
55235405 Weather stripping, fixed window exterior wiper

Rear Door ? right
55235704 Weather stripping, Window frame
4728932 Right Divider bar for back seat door
55235404 Weather stripping, movable window exterior wiper
55235405 Weather stripping, fixed window exterior wiper

Also it is cheaper to replace the divider bar than to buy the weather stripping for the rear channel of the movable channel it is also the only way to get the forward channel seal for the fixed window.

The stealer/ er dealer around me said it would cost a little over 30.00 a window to do it. But I haven't gotten into it yet. Juice

Back