• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

33x10.5 on stock wheels

FiFo

NAXJA Forum User
I'm bulding up a 96 cherokee and my friend gave me a set of 33x10.5R15 TSL Radials for almost nothing. I was planning on buying a set of 15x7 wheels to go with them but when I got a copy of my build sheet from chrysler it said I had "WJDS - 15X7.0 Styled Steel Wheels", they just look like steel wheels to me, nothing fancy. Will these wheels work with TSL, or do I need to buy new wheels with less backspacing? I will be putting on LA lift from TnT Custom.

They will rub pretty bad using the factory wheels (as these have a bunch of backspacing)

typical 7" aftermarket wheels have around 3.75" backspace, where the stockers have like 5.25" (the stockers sit way inside the wheelwells) That means the aftermarket wheels will move each tire/wheel outwards 1.5" as opposed to factory. Add to this the extra tire width (P225 stock @ 8" apprx vs 10.5" for the TSLs)

If you are gonna run the TnT kit you shouldnt have any rub, since the arms are moved in and mount the the skid. You should be just fine....

Two knowledgeable people, two different answers. :) So are we saying that it wouldn’t work for most people, but since I have the TnT kit it will work for me? I guess I’m jut hesitant to spend $250+ on wheels if I don’t have to.

I didn't account for the aftermarket LA kit... that may allow it, since there won't be a traditional LCA there.

I was just reminiscing on how my MJ (on 4.75" with factory LCA) and XJ (6.5" with custom LCA/shock mounted to it) rubbed real bad on the LCAs, shocks, and inner fenders (where the brakeline bolts) whenever I'd flex and turn... This was with stock 7" steel wheels and 33x9.5" (and for a time TSL 31x9.5" on same wheels)

Last edited:
My wife has a 93 Ranger sitting in the driveway as we speak. Think she would notice if I switched the wheels. :)

Actually the Ranger wheels are a good idea. I wonder how much the wheels would be from a junk yard, seems to me they should be fairly cheap. This Forum is full of good ideas.

Back