• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Super 30 pricing?

I know someone who will sell me his super dana 30, with 4:56 gears and a detroit and install it for $1100. Is this a good deal?
Thanks
Seth

nope. IMHO the super30 is a waste of money. but that is a decent price for it if you don'thave a locker up front allready.

I'm buying 4:56 gears this week for the front anyway's and I'm open diff right now. Just wondering if it is worth the extra money to just buy this.

It's good if you want to keep the 30 up front.

yeap with hubs it will.

That's a good chunk of change to spend on a built up dana 30, but it should be pretty stout. I'd try to see if you can get him under $850 or so. A big thing is whether or not it has manual hubs, nice strong u-joints like CTMs or OX and only then would I say yeah, it is close to $1K, but that you could do much better with getting a Waggy dana 44 and building it up. It's up to you, but if I had that $ into a front axle, I'd want to feel good about it going in a dana 44, 60 or something else rather than a polished factory axle.

In summary, I'd only get it if it has manual hubs, strong alloy aftermarket u-joints and other bling things.

Troy

FYI I've done Jackhammer, clawhammer and wrecking ball with my 27 spline D30 front. I have CrMo inners and stock TJ outers. you just have to keep an eye on the front snap clips that hold the u-joint caps in. those are what breaks most of the time. they walk out the the cap falls out and SNAP!!!
and I am on 35"s lock BTW.
and you do not need hubs to run a detroit up front unless your in the snow and ice on a regular basis. I just wouldn't sink the money into a super 30 kit. And you don't need the CrMo u-joints either. the key is retaining the u-joint caps. full circle clips...

Back