• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tires!!

SourApple

NAXJA Forum User
hey guys help me pick, im still a student and i do alot of highway driving...

mickey thompson mtx

pro comp a/t

bfg a/t

31 or 32.

right now i have 31 xterrains on my pro comp rims and they are almost done. as soon as i finish going to 5 inches of lift and i throw them on. i will decide the size.

the pro comp are appealing cuz they are sometimes buy 3 get 1 free and they are garunteed 50000

the bfg a/t are a classic

and the mtx is pretty nice i saw them in person once.

i dont wantto spend alot those three tires are all abou the same

Given the screeds of highway miles I've gotten on various BFG AT's and AT/KO's, I'd pick those. They should also be a little more "available," and easier to get a "road hazzard" warranty on (and if you don't think road hazzard is worth the four bucks, you've never had to replace one...)

BFG AT's in your size should be on sale at fairly regular intervals, from various sources (like Sears!) for about $80-90 each, make that $90-95 each set up, and maybe $100 each with road hazzard. Very good road manners and performance in the wet or dry, and they'll serve you fairly well just about anywhere (they do load up with mud, but if you're not spending a lot of time in the gooey stuff, carry a bag of clay kitty litter if you think you'll be there - it helps. I've done this - I'll usually have a 10# bag with me when I'm going cross-country anyhow.)

5-90

I have the mtx... good tire, quiet, good traction in all conditions, nice compromise between at and mt. At the current rate of treadwear Im only looking at get 23k-25k out of em TOPS....I could push them farther, but I dont like to get below 3/32nds before I swap tires out, usually sooner. They run small though, so keep it in mind.

I like tires that are a cross between an MT and AT...But, as much I would love Trxus, I got a feeling Ill go to BFG A/T's next.... they have such a good rep, and decent wear.

Back