• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1310 to 7260 U-Joint upgrade?

jjmat3

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone familiar with upgrading the Chrysler 8.25 pinion yoke from a 1310 style to the larger 7260? Randys R&P has a kit to do this and I was wondering if anyone has done the upgrade? Anything to look out for? Any tips?

I did a search and didn't find any info on this swap.

I don't know what a 7260 is. I know what a 760 is, but it goes in the axle shaft, not the driveshaft.

What are you trying to accomplish?

The 1310, which is stock in the XJ driveshafts, has the largest range of motion vs. the 1330 and 1350, so if you are binding the joint a larger one isn't going to help you.

If you are busting them due to contact with rocks and such, you may gain some benefit from going to a 1350, but I'm not sure you can get a 1350 yoke for the 8.25 and if you could you would also have to get one for your driveshaft. Or there may be a 1310 to 1350 joint.

Make any sense?

According to Randys it switches the pinion yoke on the diff from the 1310 style to what they call a 7260. I guess the 7260 is a slightly larger, stronger pinion yoke as is the u-joint it uses. What I am trying to do is replace the pinion yoke with a stronger version.

BTW, through much research I have concluded there Isn't a U-bolt style yoke for the 8.25.

There is a 1330 yoke with U bolts for the 8.25. 'Subject to availability' according to Tom Woods.

Well, I have a call in to Tom Woods to find out for sure IF that yoke is available. I also have the 1310-7260 kit coming too so we will see. I will post what ever I end up figuring out. Kind of surprised nobody is really familiar with this conversion.

The 1310 to 7260 upgrade is just a yoke from a full size truck. I got it by accident when I ordered a replace ment for my broken one. I was suprised when I slid my drive shaft back and my u-joint was to small, it was 6pm on fri on New Years weekend & wanting run sat & sun. To make a long story short I found out a 1979 F150 front drive shaft slip yoke will work with my High Angle/Hack & Tap combo.

Ronbo said:
There is a 1330 yoke with U bolts for the 8.25. 'Subject to availability' according to Tom Woods.

From Tom Woods just moments ago:
"John:

I could tell you what you want to hear but I've learned to lie only to
girls. Unfortunately the yoke you're looking for is just not available."

Please include this text in any reply.

Tom Wood
Tom Wood's Custom Drive Shafts Inc.

UGH!

Back