• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My quest for cheap stroker parts....

Frank Z

NAXJA Forum User
...led me to ebay. Now I'm not a huge fan of ebay, but I have procured a few quality items (automotive or otherwise) so naturally I look from time to time hoping to find a good deal. I happened upon this auction but have never heard of these pistons before. The specs look pretty good and the price seems to be okay for a coated skirt piston. Have any of you guys or gals ever heard of Enginetech? Had any experience with their pistons?

I've been eye balling Sealed Power pistons and get them locally for around $24/ea, which isn't too bad but hey....I'm CHEAP!! Obviously a better quality piston for a few bucks more makes perfect sense though.

I have heard of Enginetech, and actually thought about buying a set of them. The maching shop where I take my stuff uses their parts. They said that Enginetech was a budget parts supplier with decent quality. I ended up getting the Sealed Power 677P which will be delivered in about a week or so. (backorder issue).

The issue I am having in locating parts is the cam. Crane seems to be backordered for weeks for the 753905 and 753901. I started talking to a Cam ginder to see about getting a custom bumpstick.

The Comp cams 68-235-4 works fine in my stroker 35K miles in 3 years without removing the valve cover.

From the specs this cam is slightly more than the Crane "stump puller" - comp has a 231 which almost exactly matches the Crane and also a 239 which I would use in another stroker (always want more!!)

Should be available through Summit Racing off the shelf.
You do need the Mopar springs and retainers for any cam over 450 lift - they are about the only "bolt on" valve gear without machining the head for other springs.

Back