• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Installed the 3 inch today

Dustinyork

NAXJA Forum User
I installed a 3 inch kit today on my 90 xj . I used full length add aleafs in the rear .Coils and lca,s in the front and dropped the transfer case an ich.

Do i need to mess with the trac bar at all for such a small lift ?

I put a set of 32x11.50 Bfg all terain ko,s on it that only measure 31 inches by the tape measure and 15x8 soft eights with 4 inches of backspacing and they fit well for what im doing with the truck ill try to post some pics tomorrow.

Thanks .

Congrats. We need pictures.

As for the trac bar, without picts we cannot tell. You probobly do however. Look at the jeep straight on, the tires should be located evenly on your jeep.

Can u adjust the Stock one enough for this size lift or do you have to use an aftermarket trac bar ?
im doing this all on a budget and would like to avoid having to buy another track bar for the jeep . Im not trying to go rockclimbing or anything i just wanted some extra lift and like to play in the mud

Thanks , i wasnt positive if you could do anything to the stock track bar to compensate for the lift . I will measure it tomorrow and see if iThe front tires are in the right poitions .This is the first Cherokee ive lifted . I had a Straight axle bronco before this so some of this stuff is new and although ive read on it in the search frum , i like to ask a few questions along the way.

Would it be ok to drive on the stock track bar for a while maybe a few weeks? Or does it cause a problem that needs to be immediatley addressed?.What problems should i look for it to cause when i am driving the jeep?

I dont take the jeep on long trips , i just drive it to work , around town and in the mud.Thanks for your help guys

Disconnect the track bar at the axle and let it hang. Turn the wheel about 1/2 turn both ways a few times and hop on the front bumper a few times. This will center the axle under the xj. Put the trackbar back up to the axle mount. If it lines up then you are fine. My $$ says it will be off by a little bit. You can elongate the axle bracket to compensate if need be.

BTW; I'm down in Syracuse, are there any good mud trails out there?

hmm if i recall correctly there IS a way to salvage the stock trac bar, it requires some drilling a believe. Ill search around and try to fine some information for you.

Thanks guys i appreciate the help . The jeep seems to ride ok and doesent really shake . I can let go of the wheel and it still does pretty straight . there are some god mud trails up here especially in burville and tylerville wich are very close , maybe 20 minutes away. I will post some pics tonight when i find my digital camera in this mess
Thanks again. be lookin for the pics , they will be on here soon

Back