• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hesco Aluminum head??

no expierence . I almost thought it was a typo first time i saw it one the HESCO website. I just cant think of a situation where it would be worth it unless you were dead set on building the worlds baddest stroker, and had tons of money to piss away and could really care less about the cost. I think there are many better engine mods to do than that head.

Porting and polishing your stock head is a hell of a lot cheaper and will give you excellent results. If you really wanted that much more HP have your stock head fitted with larger valves. The P&P and bigger valves should yield you at least a 50 HP gain. Sure the aluminum head is lighter... but we're not drag racing so the amount of weight lost isn't worth $1600.00. I agree with motorcityxj, there are better places to spend your money.

Neil

A P&P on the stock head might gain you ~15hp, and bigger valves might make that figure nearer 20hp, but you definitely ain't gonna get 50hp from Hesco's aluminium head. Consider half that amount a very good gain but it still ain't worth $1600 unless you're desperate to save ~30lb in weight.

Shaving 30lb of sprung weight off the front end on say...a desert racer... would have major effect....or maybe a serious rock crawler...for sure on a serious mud or sand drag racer...not to mention the power increase...the point is that the average XJ owner that does his own engine work is not the target market for the custom head. I'd like to see the flow bench numbers comparing the custom head to a stocker in the valve lift ranges most people use.

Back