• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My horn is crazy

mud1059

NAXJA Forum User
I just got a 87 XJ as a theft recovery. The theives tore the column apart, yada yada yada. I went to the junkyard to have the thing rebuilt, and I got a completely different column (unknown year) with the ignition changed over. I just replaced the column more than 2 weeks after I took the old one out. I have a single black wire I dont recall having removed from the old one. Most if not all connections have been connected to the best of my knowledge. HOWEVER! I turned the key to check continuity. I won't crank it over due to some more issues I'm workin out with the exhaust/Seafoam in the TB. (preference over necessity)As I turned the key the horn would go off. Is there a simple resolution that is evading me? This weekend I'll probably trace out the wires, I was just hoping there was an easy fix beings how sometimes I'm a little on the slow side and could have easily misplaced a connection. Thanks in advance guys.

If the wire from the horn relay (ground) to the button is grounded (anywhere), it will actuate the relay and the horn will honk. It's also possible the horn relay ground wire is hooked up wrong.

Back