• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear BPE and extensions?

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
OK, so I got the stock rear sway bar mount that I will be using to make rear BPE's. Is there anything else that I can do to lengthen the shocks by an additional 1/2" to 1" without redoing the lower mount?

Also anything special that needs/should be done while using the rear sway bar mounts?

Kejtar

Yeah,dont do it!Your putting the pivit pionts 90* to the natural movement.If your going to do BPE's get the right ones!

Go JKS theyre only about 30$!

Here you go!
Bar_Pin_Eliminators.jpg

There is added bind if you just use the swaybar mount but if you need more length anyway, why not add a block in there and rotate them while you are at it? I know that several people have rotated their mounts and use them that way (I believe they relocated them and rotated them and created new wholes to attach.

I would just wack the bottom mount off and move it up, costs nothing and takes less time than getting the bpe's in from shipping.

Just my take,
Michael

I know that doing the bottom is best, but that means I gott aget someone to weld it up and do it for me.... and I will still have to do it anyways when I get longer shackles...... So might as well start from the top, and keep my two anchors where they are for now :D

Kejtar

Why not then just make spacers and use longer bolts.

hmmm there is a thought, has anyone fabbed or seen those fabbed? What should I use for it anyways? I'm thinking some aluminum square block???

Last edited:
Back