• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear wiper washer fluid?

project98xj

NAXJA Forum User
My rear wiper washer fluid has stopped working I cannot here the motor pumping.Where is the motor for the rear wiper fluid?? Please describe the fix.

It pumps from the same place as the front, line goes over the headliner all the way to the back. What I don't know is if there are two pumps, never had the tank out of my 98 to look.

If the tank is setup like the tank on my Blazer is there are 2 'ports' on the washer fluid resovoir, one for the front washer fluid and one for the rear. Does the front still squirt?

On my '88 it actually lists the P/N for the pumps on the top of the resevoir. Not hard to change at all.

There are two pumps you can remove and change the pump with a spark plug socket. Just switch the lines to make shure its the pump and for power at the plug. The lines run with the main wire harness behind the moulding next to the drivers seat to the back then up to the headliner and across to the pass side where it goes into the hatch.

Check the hose connection at the rear wiper. Mine (1993) comes off real easy and the pump is working but it looks like it's not. *grin* Works good on tailgaters tho.

Sarge

Sarge said:
Check the hose connection at the rear wiper. Mine (1993) comes off real easy and the pump is working but it looks like it's not. *grin* Works good on tailgaters tho.

Sarge
I got the same thing, it's the Jeep anti-tailgating option

Back