• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE 7.5" Coils

96XJCLASSIC

NAXJA Forum User
Who here is running the RE 7.5" Coil? What is your opinion of them and what amount of lift did you net? How does there stiffness/softness compare to the ZJ 4.5 coil?

I am kicking around the RE 4.5 ZJ Coil and ACOS or just the RE 7.5" Coil. I am going to be running BOR 6" Leafs (used) and a 1.5" Boomerang in the rear and I am still undecided on the front.

I am aiming for 7 to 7.5" of lift with the TnT LA kit and 36" Iroks.

TIA.

PS. I have searched and just can't find the exact answers I am looking for.

They are the same wire diameter as the RE ZJ's, but with more active coils. Thus, they are softer. Too soft for my tastes at about 210 lbs/in.

The Skyjacker 8" coils are currently a favourite for the rocks out West. Many of us out here have gone to them with great success. They are about 240 lbs/in. At that rate, you'll want a bit more rebound damping. I run a 275/78 Bilstein 7100, and could use a touch more rebound damping because of the higher spring rate.

We all run heavy bumpers and winches, and most of us run some sort of longer control arm up front, that makes a big difference in perceived spring rate.

Crash, Thanks. What lift height did you net from the SJ 8" ? Did you run the RE 7.5's? If so what lift height did they net?
THANKS AGAIN.

Yes, I've run both.

The SJ's are a bit taller. The RE's were about 7", the SJ's are 7.5", after break in.

Back