• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Radiator's in, but...

Deyman

NAXJA Forum User
I replaced the leaking radiator in my 97 this past weekend. All was going well till I kinked the tranny cooler hard line. :mad: Anyway, that's another story. The temp gauge now stays happily at 210 or less, but the electric fan doesn't come on at all. I tried turning on the A/C trick, but it didn't come on. I did replace the Tstat, so I did have the sensor unplugged. Tonight when I got home, just for fun, I pulled the plug on the Tstat housing sensor and the fan came on. Now I know the cooling system is working way better than it was, but the electric fan used to run a lot before the new rad. Am I just being paranoid or what? Also, I noticed on the OEM Tstat there was a small hole with a tiny ball bearing in it, but in the replacement there was no hole or bearing. What purpose did that serve?

That let the air out of the system,a new factory stat will have one.You did use a factory (dealer) replacement ?
The fan relay may be bad,because the fan should run when the AC or defrost is on.
Wayne

Back