• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Distance question

slvr98svt

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 90 XJ that I swapped a D44 out of wagoneer into both the front and rear. The rear is a bout and 1.5" narrower as most people know. I was planning on going with a 15x8 wheel, and a 12.5 wide tire instead of a 13.5, as well as 4" BS. What is a safe distance for the buldge of your tire to be away from the leaf spring? I was thinking a 1" or 1.25" spacer with a 4" BS would be fine after a few measurements but am not sure. So anyone with such a combo please chime in. Ive read all the opinions on spacers, and what is out there, but cant find what others combinations are.
Thanks Alot,
-Matt

Personally I would stay away from spacers...they are a major PITA when trying to fix somthing on the rear end. I would opt for a narrower tire...one that would fit the front and rear without rubbing.

As for the question...I think a safe distance would be 1 inch...as long as your springs are well secured and don't wander off center.

Back