• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How long for ABS pump to rebuild pressure?

Sonic

NAXJA Forum User
91 Limited w/Bendix-9 ABS.
I replaced a rear hard line and wheel cylender, and bled it out, and in the process of bleeding, the pedal was pressed 50+ times with the power off. I know this de-pressurized the ABS system.

Now that the system is again closed, how long should the pump have to run to rebuild the pressure in the system that was lost during the repair?

I'm just worried about letting it run until it stops in the event that I let the fluid get too low while it was sitting, leaking, waiting for me to fix it (a week). I don't want the pump to burn out or anything.

Thanks

If I remember correctly, it should only run for about 30 seconds and I turn the key off. I let it cool down for about 5 minutes and then repeat the process.

The FSM has a detailed description of this time cycle limit. The bleeding should also be done with the key in the ON position.

This is what I remember and I don’t have my FSM with me now. Please verify info in the FSM.

Back