• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

35/44 E-brake cable

AJPulley

NAXJA Forum User
Alright, I'm irritated. I'm not searching right or not coming up with anything good. Anyone have experience with the e-brake cable when swapping a 35 with a 44? If you know of a link, could you post it for me? Inquiring minds would like to know.

ajpulley said:
Alright, I'm irritated. I'm not searching right or not coming up with anything good. Anyone have experience with the e-brake cable when swapping a 35 with a 44? If you know of a link, could you post it for me? Inquiring minds would like to know.

What's the question? You unhook the cable from one, and hook it up to the other. I've done it a handfull of times on a few different vehicles..

cal said:
What's the question? You unhook the cable from one, and hook it up to the other. I've done it a handfull of times on a few different vehicles..

Yep.....easy as apple pie

ajpulley said:
You're kidding, right? Is it really that easy, from the 35 to the 44?

Drum brake parking brake cables havent changed in fifty years. I could pull the ford 9" out from under my 1962 ford f100 and the parking brake setup is identicle to my XJ.

As far as the 35/44 go, the brake setups are near identicle, the 44's is a hair bigger is all. Remove all of your brakes (drum, shoes, mounting hardware, springs) and look at the parking brake cable. You will see 6 'splines' that if you squeeze in with pliers, the parking brake cable slides out of the housing. Slip it into the 44 and its done. Seriously your going to feel silly for having asked.

-C

ajpulley said:
I feel stupid. Just looked. Brain fart.

That happens. I put off swapping out my transfer case for nearly four weeks because I kept telling myself it would be difficult, and didnt bother to look at the fact there are only 18 bolts, including the driveshafts. It took an hour when I finally got around to it.

Back