• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shopping for a front bumper...

SGT

NAXJA Forum User
I am shopping for a new front bumper. I like the looks of the ARB Bull Bar and winch but was wondering if it is worth the money. Since most of my wheeling is done by myself, I also considered getting one with a 2" reciever built in, and going with a milti-mount setup in case I have to move the winch to the rear to pull myself out. Any suggestions on that?
Thanks,
Matt

I've been very happy with my Tomken front bumper. It has easily paid for itself many times over when I have unexpectedly slide into trees, etc. It takes a while to get used to how it looks but it is very strong.

i loved my ARB bumper and had a Warn winch in it cuz i wheel by myself pretty often...... The only reason i sold it was because i am starting to fab my own hardware now....

Threadnapping...

My stock bumper is toast. Is there an aftermarket replacement close to the price of the stocker? The XJ is a 2WD which serves as a occasional driver and motorcycle rescue vehicle.

Sarge

Check out BPI Fab. Their bumpers are just as tough as the ARB and alot cheaper.
fbd16dd1.jpg

I added the hoop, but I have been very happy with it so far!

For the price of their bumpers its not worth making your own.

PhatXJ, how much you want for the front bumper. Where are you located in Washington.

BPI all they way...

Justin

check out carolina rochshop's new xj bumper. I too am shopping and cant decide between the BPI and the CRS bumpers
Ron

I like the looks of the BPI front bumper and it looks to be right stout. Anyone using their rear bumper? $762 seems pretty steep for it since you can get the Tomken with the spare carrier and highlift bracket for 120 less. Though I think I do like the way the BPI looks a little more and the spare tire mount does look beefier.
I'll have more $$$ in bumpers than what I paid for this POS :rolleyes:
Mike B.

Thanks for all of the suggestions, but I had to put the bumper purchase on hold, wives can be so "understanding"!!!

Back