• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Got my XJ tell me if I did ok?

TB383

NAXJA Forum User
I got my first Jeep today. Its a 1997 XJ. 2 door 4x4 with the 4.0l. Has 103,000 miles on it. Spotless Super clean interior and the exterior is very clean as well. There are like 2 minor door dings and like a couple small scratches on it. The engine is very clean not leaks or anything. Bought it for $5,700....did i do alright??

Littlewhitexj said:
Im not sure what part of the country you are in, but thats a bit high of a price for michigan.
X2 I looked a 97 four door sport about three years ago (when I got the one I have now). IIRC it had just over a 100k and they wanted right around what you paid for yours maby just a bit more. I wanted it, but thy told me they already had it sold.

Do you like it?

Are you excited to have it?

Were you happy with the price?

If so, you did ok!

@TB383 - I see you're in Texas. If it's a texas truck, I bet it's sweet. I recently bought a 98 XJ Sport with 99k for $4950. Really clean and "unmolested", but it did endure 7 New England winters of salt, so you did fine!

Cottontail said:
Do you like it?

Are you excited to have it?

Were you happy with the price?

If so, you did ok!

X2. If you're happy it doesn't matter what other people think.

TB383 said:
I got my first Jeep today. Its a 1997 XJ. 2 door 4x4 with the 4.0l. Has 103,000 miles on it. Spotless Super clean interior and the exterior is very clean as well. There are like 2 minor door dings and like a couple small scratches on it. The engine is very clean not leaks or anything. Bought it for $5,700....did i do alright??

sounds like you did pretty well, i got my 98 daily driver for a little less than that but it had a few scratches and 120,000 miles

With no options, blue book is about $3600, with options it climbs close to 6k. That said, the two doors are hard to find, so you probably got a pretty good deal.

I appreciate it guys....I love to truck it drives awesome!! Like yall were saying its a 2dr so its a little harder to find.. overall i am very satisfied with the car. I personally think its a very good valued truck. I will be puting some accessories on it soon...kinda my project truck now. I will have before and after pictures for yall.. Awesome forum keep it up.. thanks again.

Back