• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

dana 44 disc.

nturboy12

NAXJA Forum User
Ive seen many posts on rear disc brake set ups but have not seen a complete set up that also solved the parking brake issues , whats easier crown vic or exploder brakes, does anybody know a web page that covers this with the ebrake and proporting valve! I have a 89xj

nturboy12 said:
Ive seen many posts on rear disc brake set ups but have not seen a complete set up that also solved the parking brake issues , whats easier crown vic or exploder brakes, does anybody know a web page that covers this with the ebrake and proporting valve! I have a 89xj
I have crown vic and I have a parking brake setup with the crown vic cables (had to shorten them a hair on the body end).

nturboy12 said:
what was your parts list
you wanna drive up and take a look at it? I'm in Westminster.
Anyways all of the crown vic stuff from the backing plate on outwards and the parking brake cables all the way to the connector and rubi retainer plates.

For your year you will also want to upgrade the brake components under the hood.

nturboy12 said:
did you get from a web page or figure it out yourself
I looked at the webpage and then I figured it out: it's mostly bolt on. The biggest PITA is deciding how to run the brake hard/soft lines.

nturboy12 said:
thanks guys just what needed I have seen the jeepin write up but he didnt finish the ebrake so I was concerned what he ended up doing
Trick is to get both of the parking lines when you get the stuff from the junkyard. Also don't cut the line at the junkyard, but get it all the way up to the connector. When you take it home, bolt it up and see how the lines come out and then shorten them as needed.

What most people don't realize is that the crown victoria disk brakes are puny as far as disk brakes go and are barely even an upgrade over the dana 44 drum brakes. Do yourself a favor and get the larger explorer disk brakes if you want the most upgrade for your $$$$.

Kevlar said:
What most people don't realize is that the crown victoria disk brakes are puny as far as disk brakes go and are barely even an upgrade over the dana 44 drum brakes. Do yourself a favor and get the larger explorer disk brakes if you want the most upgrade for your $$$$.
Turns out Crown Vic weighs the same if not more as XJ and front a distant glance it looks like they have same calipers as exploder (I will compare the two shortly)

I did the zj conversion, grabed the backing plates from the zj and I was able to use the built in zj parking brake.

Back