• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Upgraded Power steering pump

Bloose

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
My power steering pump is starting to whine. Not squeel but the classic PSP whine. So it seems as though it is time to start thinking of a new one. I'm wondering if there are any upgraded PS pumps for our XJ's. I searched and found there is a Durango upgrade for the steering gear box but I didn't see anything for the pump.

Does AGR make one? Is it any good? I'm figuring if I'm going through the work I might as well upgrade of possible.

It's a '98 BTW.

B-loose

If you don't have trouble turning with your current pump and are not running oversize tires a stock replacement pump would be best. When you increase the flow and pressure of these pumps they have a tendency to whine around 2000 RPM in a stock steering system. But if you must upgrade call PSC and we can help you get the right pump for your application.

Kelvin
Performance Steering Components

Back