• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what's my problem?

Crunch

NAXJA Forum User
I have a '00 XJ with a 93 hp30 front with a 5x4.5 Warn hub conversion, a Claytons LA kit, over the knuckle steering and about 6.5" lift.

The problem is my front tires are visibly riding in at the top and out on the bottom. I haven't measured so I don't know by how much. My ball joints appear to be okay but I'm thinking that's where my problem is.

It doesn't pull at anytime and handles very well with no clue there is a problem outside my tires wearing horribly on the insides.

I don't think it matters, but all my TREs are in good shape.

Does my problem have a name?(boy is that an open door)
What is its fix?

Thanks,
Crunch

Wait until Jacobs gets back and take it up to him. If he still works at Marlen's he can throw it on the rack and see what the lasers say.

Sounds like a possible bent housing. On the plus side, your cornering capabilities should be quite nice :D

Can you bc me John's phone number. I saw he is in Nebraska right now, I hope its not serious.

The name for the condition is negative camber. Step one is to quantify it. This is best done on a front end machine, but if you have a flat floor that you know is level you can check it manually with an angle finder on the wheel rim.

If you do have excessive camber, next step is to be sure both tires are inflated to the same pressure (or set both sides of the front axle on identical jack stands set to the same height) and put a small level on each axle tube to see if they are level.

Back