• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dayton Timberline MT Experiences?

nosigma

NAXJA Member # 1371
NAXJA Member
Lets not start another free for all tire thread (I just read about 100).

Simply want to know what experience folks have had with the Dayton Timberline MT in:

Sand
Rocks
Mud
Snow
Rain

Any tread wear surprises?
Sidewall durability in rocks?
Tire pressures run & any bead losses?

Thanks

I ran both 9.50X30 and 10.50X31 and they done very well in mud and rocks, rain was OK, got noisey quick, the sidewalls held good, no beadloss.

I also run the Firestone version (looks like identical tread pattern) They are a nice medium soft rubber and hook great in mud. They seem to be fair in the snow and not too loud on pavement. I have maybe 8k on them and they are wearing very evenly and holding up great. I would definatly buy another set.

From what I can tell they by the posts they are going to be great in rocks, mud and not to noisy on the highway. The lack of siping worries me about rain, but we dont get much of that here (except this weekend of course).

I went ahead and bought a set of 31x10.5's today. What most concerns me is performance in the sand. Since I will be spending time on Sand Dam (500 ft sand dunes) this weekend at Superstition I am really concerned about "digging to China" with the aggressive tread pattern. This was mentioned by one person when I did the search but he said it was at stock pressures.

If anyone has experience in sand at lower pressures with these tires please chime in. Info on rain performance would be helpful too.

I am sitting on stock 7" rims so I suspect I can go down to 10 with no worries. I will report back on Sunday or Monday with my experiences using these tires.

John

Back