• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I can't get the c-clip out of my 8.25 w/ a powertrax!!!

Rem870XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Just as the titles says. Is there a secret to doing this. I have tried everything and I can't get it to come out so I can get the locker apart and install my zj disc onto my new axle.

Brake-Clean for sure and having someone push in on the axle.A small magnet will also help!

I can't get a magnet down inside of the lockers hole for the clip. I have the clip spinning but it just won't fish it way out. Will it just pull off the axle or is there some tension there to where some force will be needed? Thanks

Have you pulled out the center pin and pushed in on the axle shaft, sometime lightly pulling in and out will allow the c clip to fall out, but the center pin must be out.

yea, the center pin and springs are all removed. Sould i flip the axle upside down and try to get the clip worked around to where it may just fall out. Until now I was looking down at it, but I thought it had to be knocked off originally too. Thanks guys

Last edited:
Back