• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

heater core housing

ChipsXJ

NAXJA Forum User
how hard is it to swap out the entire plastic heater core housing under the dash?

do I have to remove the evaporator too? or will i be able to work with it in place?

thanks

Hate to see you go unanswered after two weeks Chips. I haven't pulled one, though I have read the process because I'm sure my heater core needs a replacement. It says that the cores are contained in the box and to discharge the A/C as the 2nd step. Sorry, I know on another vehicle I had to do this too, I had to discharge the A/C in it also, pry the halves apart and remove the core. Hope this helps some.

Grizzley

One member posted full pics of the process in his 97+, it's an 8 hour job at least, entire dash has to be removed. Great design, cheap components = dealer income of $800 for that... I need to replace my evaporator on my 98, have not had A/C in almost two summers and coming up on the third....

thanks guys.

Not a problem on the wait....There are alot of posts here and sometimes things may get overlooked. I figure it was up to me to keep it alive until I got some input.

8hrs sounds about right, i guess.....atleast that long for me. lol

Thanks for the prompt response tonight!

Back