• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Will ZJ shocks work?

deathwobblezj

NAXJA Forum User
i have 4.5 RE coils for a ZJ and their respective shocks....
i know its going to net me more like 5.5 and i should be OK in the front....
what about the rear? will the rear shocks from a ZJ be within an inch of correct length for an XJ?

did a quick search but would like to know if anyone has tried this.

If I recall correctly, the stock measurements on a rear XJ shock are ~12.5" compressed, 20.125" extended.

If you go with the simple computation that your lift will be 5.5" over stock, you need a minimum extended length of 25.625", realistically a little more than that to account for possibly more droop, etc.

Measure the extended length of your new ones and see what you get.

The compressed length will probably be in line with those numbers as well, around 16-18".

hmm well.... compressed length is 17ish, and extended, which is as far as it goes out is right at 26.25 or so...

neither mesurement is eye to eye.... but top to bottom....

so... i guess ill just have to try it.. i just dont want to break them i they are mx6s and thad be a big loss

anyone else agree/disagree?

I should have been more clear...my apologies.

Measure center of eye to center of eye. In the case of the front, measure from the top of the lower pad on the pin end to the center of the eye.

yea i figured that you meant eye to eye.... and it was cold outside, its close....

im still gonna try... or do something to get less lift... out of the 4.5 ZJ coil

Back