• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Blinkers malfunctioning

Begster

NAXJA Forum User
Help, wiring is all screwed, where should I start?

The other day I noticed my check engine light went on, so as I was leaving the parking lot, I was taking a right hand turn, and my blinker indicator was blinking fast like a bulb was out. Mechanic told me Transmission Range Sensor was out, and then noticed the problem with my blinkers.

-Right blinker blinks fine without lights on.
-With lights on, right blinker and right tail light take turns blinking, looks like a cop's flashing lights.
-With lights and brake on, wuth no blinker, all 3 lights (brake,turn,reverse) are lit up, the reverse and turns are dim.
-With lights and blinker on, once I apply brake, Indicator blinks fast telling me that a bulb is out, left brake light on bright, only dim right tail light lit up, and both reverse bulbs blinking rapidly.

Don't know if the transmission sensor has anything to do with the blinkers, like something happened to cause both things, and I doubt the fact that I just Herculined it makes any difference.

Can anyone help?

How do I check the fluid level?
And they are actually blinking, its not like they are on, then go out because they lose power, then come back on. Checking the grounds was one of the things I was going to do, I just need to find some time to look at it.

yeah the fluid level is crutial, there is a resivoir on the top side of the transmission. I haven't had my tranny out at all so i haven't ever seen one, so i have no clue to what it looks like hell for all i know it could be a myth :laugh3:

Kejtar said:
are they on, off, on, off????? :D

Check your grounds.
Yea, but if it goes off, on, off, on, it's gotta be the fluid.

Found the problem, my fluid levels were fine, the ground underneath the passenger seat had a little glob of herculiner between it and the metal, I checked it before, but apparently not good enough, This also caused my check engine light to go off, don't know why the computer said the problem with the light was a transmission range sensor

The ground was screwed into the top of the little pillar that the two front bolts of the seat connect to. You need to get the carpet up to get at it.

Back