• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Transmission Cooling Line

critik

NAXJA Forum User
Hey, I searched on this one, but couldn't find anything really specific, so, here's my question:

This is a 94 4.0 Sport Automatic

I have a stock transmission cooler line that blew on me. It's leaking really bad at a crimped connection between the metal line and rubber hose. I had a leak exactly like this on the power steering send hose, and the connection was exactly the same. I had to buy a completely new hose and metal line for that. I can't find the whole transmission line assembly online in the parts stores. I can't find it under hoses. Does anyone know of a part number? I saw a post about it being available at the dealership for an outrageous price, so I was wondering if it was a dealer-only part. I also saw something about using a hose clamp...I'm assuming that there's a fix this way, or?

If anyone needs pictures, I can provide them.

Any help is appreciated.

http://www.napaonline.com/masterpag...1406&Description=Transmission+Oil+Cooler+Line

http://www.napaonline.com/masterpag...5625&Description=Transmission+Oil+Cooler+Line

I found these two. Would these replace a stock line, without issue? Mine uses quick disconnects. I found something about having to buy these from the dealer, but, are they salvageable from the old lines?

And, would it be best to replace both while I'm at it?

Or, would it be best to upgrade to an aux transmission cooler? (would those come with the lines needed to install them, or would the existing lines still need to be intact?)

Last edited:
Just installed NAPA lines on an 89 4.0 AW4. Seems to work fine. Had to replace the plastic connectors (3/8" on our year) for the quick disconnect. Sold in a package of 5. Looks like the leak has stopped!

critik said:
I found these two. Would these replace a stock line, without issue? Mine uses quick disconnects. I found something about having to buy these from the dealer, but, are they salvageable from the old lines?

I had a leak on one of the lines, replaced the "O" ring, fixed.

If you are looking for the metal tranny cooler lines I got mine from makeitmopar.com, one was 40$, the other one 34$. Part numbers were 52028566 (return), 52028605 (feed).

napa has lines for 25 and 27. i still need to get clips from the dealer. think they're $20

a hose clamp will work as well just cut the fitting off the rubber line and slide it over the stock steel line and clamp it on there. ( you may have to cut the steel line to get rid of the quick disco part.)

Has anyone else bought the NAPA lines? The fitting that goes into the quick disconnect will not fit. It looks the same, only slightly smaller?

Would I be able to slice off the fitting, and then use a connector to join another hose, and then clamp the other hose onto the radiator?

critik said:
Would I be able to slice off the fitting, and then use a connector to join another hose, and then clamp the other hose onto the radiator?

That's how I connected my external cooler, a barb and clamps.

Back