• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BMW check valve part #

Ronnieb

NAXJA Forum User
Have a 99 Cherokee 4.0 that leaks down fuel line pressure quickly. Prior threads indicate that someone at one time had a part number for a BMW external fuel check valve. Anyone have the thread to that part number or know it? I would like to pursue this add on external check valve because a new fuel pump with the built in check valve from Jeep runs in excess of $333.00.
Thanks, RonB!!

I saved the following from an earlier post (soory I can,t credit the author):The BMW fuel check valve part number 16 14 9 068 988 fits between the filter and the fuel rail since its connections match this section of fuel hose. I installed one a couple days ago and it works fine. The unit comes with about a foot of 8mmx13mm fuel line, hose clamps, insulation and plastic nut covers for $3-5. It is necessary to make room for the valve, but that is not hard. Call a dealer and order one, or it may be in stock.

I appreciate your response 4xBob! Now I can get in touch with the BMW dealer. However, I will have to figure out a new spot along the fuel line to splice it in. On 1997 and later, the fuel filter is part of the fuel pump/sending unit assembly inside the tank.
RonB.

Ronnieb said:
On 1997 and later, the fuel filter is part of the fuel pump/sending unit assembly inside the tank.
RonB.

No it is still a seperate filter attached to the top of the fuel pump module. It can be replaced seperately. It is part # 4798301. Here is a picture of the fuel pump module and you can see the replaceable filter on top.

standard.jpg

anyone have a pic of the bmw part install? Also my 91 has two lines coming up to the fuel rail. which one gets the valve?
TIA

asatxj said:
anyone have a pic of the bmw part install? Also my 91 has two lines coming up to the fuel rail. which one gets the valve?
TIA

The larger one should be the feed line.

Back