• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How many miles are to much for a XJ?

pirata 4x4

NAXJA Forum User
That´s what i want to know, i´m trying to buy a XJ 4 doors classic that have 160.000 km (100.000 Miles) in the odo.
What you think about engine resistance?
Transmission life?

You think there´s something left for this XJ, i need it to highways and work ,daily driver and some sand trips.

Thanks

Cristian

My 92 DD has 224,000 miles and counting. My trail rig has about 119,000 miles. If the engine and tranny are taken care of they should last quite a while.

chris

Is a 2000 with maintenance, the owner talk me about a lik in the axles, nothing else.

Do you know where are the best parts to find out the conditions on this jeep?.

This one is the one that bring the 8.25 crysler?

pirata 4x4 said:
Is a 2000 with maintenance, the owner talk me about a lik in the axles, nothing else.

There isnt really any one place to look at and find the condition, but look at things like the oil and trans dipsticks, see the condition of the fluid.

It may have the 8.25 chrysler, it may have a dana 35. Does it have antilock brakes?

If the oil and filter are changed on a regular basis and the engine is not allowed to overheat, 200,000 miles is a common occurance. If it does not run that long, it is usually caused by neglect or abuse.

pirata 4x4 said:

Hablas espanol?

Puedes usar "Private Messaging" si tienes preguntas. Hay muchas personas que saben mucho de Cherokees.

Bienvenidos.

Fergie

Try to find out how long the axle has been leaking. If it has never been run too low on fluid, it can be fixed pretty easily and continue, but if it has been leaking a while and run low, it may be close to bearing damage. Avoid that, a whole new axle, even from salvage is expensive.

Jackhill442 said:
Try to find out how long the axle has been leaking. If it has never been run too low on fluid, it can be fixed pretty easily and continue, but if it has been leaking a while and run low, it may be close to bearing damage. Avoid that, a whole new axle, even from salvage is expensive.

The atlanta junkyard rape yall or soemthing? Most Junkyard axles aren't that expensive. Even out of an 00.

My 91 has 385990.8 my 87 has 260658.1 drove the 91 to CA and back last summer with only the idler pulley going south.

73's
KG4BET

Back