• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How To Clean The Fuel Injjectors??

Do I Heve To Take The Injector Off-celan End Put It Again?
Or Those Liquids Have To Mix With Fuel In Tank?
Thks Again!

BG44K in the tank.

I have a fancy snap-on douche o matic. I like to use for this. Its designed to be used on the whole car but i made an injector cleaning rail w/clips. Then I can see if I have plugged ones or partially plugged ones plus I can hit them with 180 lb of pressure if need be ......works bitchin......send them to me w/return postage takes me all of 15 minutes. Ill give em a good swabbin out

3M makes an injector cleaning kit, you detach the fuel supply line, pull the fuel pump fuse, plug the 'kit' adapter into the fuel rail, hook up the can of cleaner and start the engine, takes about 20 minutes to empty the can of cleaner/fuel.
I do it once year, borrow my neighbors and go pickup a can at the napa store.
The rest of the year I just add a LARGE bottle of Chevron Techron Fuel injector cleaner to the tank, NOT the fuel system cleaner, INJECTOR cleaner, there is a difference. I do this about every 8,000mi or so. I have started using SeaFoam and it seems to do a good job, I notice an improvement after about 40 miles or so, starts quicker, idles smoother. I also use valvoline synthetic fuel injector cleaner in the gold bottle, depends on whats on sale.

Back