• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The half secret ot faster renix starts

summitlt

NAXJA Forum User
My 90 Renix era MJ wasnt the fastest truck to start... Ever!

Today I cleaned my battery terminals, jsut for sh!ts. And WOW, its starts normal, less than 2 seconds. Easy! Faster spinup too. The werent even corroded, just "grey" made them silver and a big difference.

The biggest reason Renix machines take a while to start is that the computer has to read the pattern on the flywheel and the position of the distributor in order to figure out the timing. This normally takes two revolutions of the engine. If the stater spins the engine faster, it will start faster, but you will always have that built in delay.

I have found that get a faster start I turn the key till I hear the gas pump for about 2-3 seconds. Then I turn the engine over, it usually takes 1 second for the engine to fire up.

Yeah same here mI get a slightly faster startup if I let the fuel pump prime first especailly mwhen I first start it up for the day.

Someone said somewhere that the french renix enginneers designed that extra revolution in there as the CPS figures out timing to make sure oil pressure is up to snuff prior to lighting off... Makes sense to me if this is the case or not....

I wish i could meet with the engieers of the renix box or just see some tech docs from Bendix/Renault back then... Its an amazing box to me but a little bit mysteriosu ....

Back