• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

no exhaust after cat. what to get?

jeepster89

NAXJA Forum User
at the moment the 89 heep that will be turned into a suficiant trail rig has no exhuast after the cat. so it sounds like a beast but will enver pass inspection if i need it to. what would be the best bet since im gonna need to buy an exhaust either way why now upgrade while im at it.

i reccomend doing a search...a few hundred threads on this but i have a flowmaster 40 series and 2.5 piping from the downtube cat and exit...for the 4.0 no bigger than 2.5 is reccomended...have someone good tuck those pipes up in tight...i had a local performance place who my local 4wd shop recomended and i have never messed with it again...i also have a random tech cat too...awesome sound and very durable...most fo with flowmaster or magnaflow...rustys has a good deal too if you wanna do it yourself...search around

I love my Gibson cat-back. Good mellow tone that doesn't get on my nerves during long trips, unlike my friends who have Flowmasters and Borlas. :)

Going on 6 years now with it on mine...and wouldn't change it for anything.

I just put in exhaust front to back and went with Rusty's 40 series cat-back. Sounds great, nice bends, and only $150.

Back