• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

using hi lift jack

cassio

NAXJA Forum User
hey guys i plan on getting one soon
and i was thinking about how would i go about changing a tire sense i think my jeep would out flex the height the jack would lift the jeep....
considering i would probably use it on the trail while disconected...

thanks
cas

bottle jack definetly. i had to use my high lift to change a tire twice on the trail. and one of those times it fell because of how high and unsturdy it had to be. there great for getting your body off of something, but dont do to well for the axles.

Hey, I've got a class that pics of hi-lifts being used would realy help so...if I can chime in, your thread, pics too please

mn_xj said:
Hey, I've got a class that pics of hi-lifts being used would realy help so...if I can chime in, your thread, pics too please
what?

0313 said:
You didnt understand that? It makes perfect sense if you say it aloud.

SPOBI:exclamati

mn_xj said:
I got halfway through and my head started to pound uncontrollably

Some of you guys should really consider running the new Linguistic Recombobulator v2.2.

After installing on my browser, alot more of the posts on here actually make sense.

Anyway, here's the translation;

Hey guys, sorry, but I hope it's OK to hi-jack this thread.

You know, it would be really nice if there were some kind of tutorial on using the Hi-Lift -- especially one with pictures.

Anyone know of any?

HiLift instruction Manual

Last edited:
mn_xj said:

grammar.jpg

Thank you for the translation. Too much homework hurts my brain.

Thank you for the link, I have seen it but had better results just using google image search for Hi-Lift. I was simply fishing for a new and better pick.

Sorry for ruining this thread

I second getting yourself a nice bottle jack for tire changing. You can use a larger Hi-Lift (they make them up to 60") but those things can get scary! I've been around vehicles as they've fallen off Hi-Lifts (and bottle jacks for that matter) and it's not fun.

Go to the junk yard and find a screw bottle jack from a dodge pick-up.
The one I found is gear driven,no extra effort when the load is picked up.Will lift an inflated 31" tire 4" off the ground when placed on the axle tube at the center.Would lift higher if placed on the shock mount.
Cost $10 and that included some other misc junk I picked up.
Wayne

Back