• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

97+ 'Panic' Button wiring

Markos

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone know how to tap into or activate the panic button without using the keychain?

I'll be doing some security mods to my XJ this weekend. I was thinking about adding a fake kill switch under the dash that activates the panic horn. I'd like to have it setup so it turns it on, but you need the keychain to turn it off. Don't know if it's possible or not...

what about making it activate the door locks? in my 99 dodge, if the alarm is set and the locks are activated from the inside, it triggers the alarm. if that dont work, it will lock him in

What is to prevent the intruder from flipping the manual lock on the door? I also beleive that my '99 lets you open the door without unlocking it.

Anyway, I would assume that the control module for these features are in a similar location. I haven't looked through the FSM as of yet...

For the record, I don't have an alarm, just the panic button...

Back