• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

floor pan question

TheBlueSub

NAXJA Forum User
i have an 1985 xj 2dr and i has a rust spot in the rear passenger side. and my question is do i need to cut a new floor section out of a 2dr like mine or could i cut it from a 4dr???? and does anyone know how to remove bumper end caps?????

Last edited by a moderator:
Mothertrucker said:
sorry should have checked the post for errors i meant "rust" im really sorry

What the rust is on your mind? I believe that the floors of both the 2dr and 4dr are the same. Im not sure but i think that the only difference is that the front seats are mounted a little further back in the 2dr. You should be able to use either one.

Last edited:
Mothertrucker said:
sorry should have checked the post for errors i meant "rust" im really sorry

don't apologize I was just giving ya grief.

i didnt think of that THANKS i dont use the rear so does anyone else have any comments on the floor pan or the seats?? and what about brackets??

floor should be the same, and the seat brackets are, I know because I am useing a set of four door brackets in my 2 door, and the only thing different is the 2-door seats flip forward and the 4-door do not.

Back