• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

lining on fender trim?

Shomsky462

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
i just trimmed the front fenders today and bent the back ones with relief cuts. i still have to sand and grind them though but. after i get done with all that and it looks ugly as crap what kind of lining of rubber stripping should i out on the edge? what have you guys done besides like herculiner and stuff what works best?

ckh550 said:
When I trimmed my fenders I wrapped the edges in this black rubber tape by 3M you can find at Home Depot. It came in 10 foot rolls, in a small orange box, and it's super sticky. It'll make the cuts around the edges nice and smooth. I painted the bare metal edges with rustoleum first to prevent rust, then put the tape on. It stays on real strong and looks good.

This is what I'm going to try. It's called Mastic Rubber Tape. I had been thinking about the auto trim that evryone talks about, but I don't see how you could fit that over the folded fenders on the rear.

Back